4/3/08

Clothing Diet

Before anyone gets the preconceived notion that a)I am rich and b)I have a lot of money to spend let me just say this. a) I work part time at Starbucks b) I'm in University full time c) My credit card bill is huge. Yes I constantly drool over bags that cost almost as much as my rent and recently indulged in some very bad for my credit J-Crew shopping. And I need to stop. I'll admit, I have a shopping problem. In 2007 alone I bought 3 purses in the $500 range, a new pair of glasses, and countless other crazy things that I really didn't need to buy. In 2008 I've raised my credit limit (yet again) and blown it on sweaters. As I typed up my summer budget yesterday I realised I was somewhat screwed. I'll have enough for my courses next year as always, but I wont have made much of a dent in my visa and I wont have nearly as much money as I was hoping for to take to London. Therefore I've decided to go on a clothing diet. No new clothing is allowed to come into my closet until Mid/Late June (because I'm going to London and I do need to buy some new things for it) It's going to be hard. Really hard. On my walk to the subway everyday there is a Joe Fresh, great for cheap cute things. I work/go to school in my favourite shopping area Bloor Street West. My Starbucks is in an Indigo. But I will prevail. I hope.

4 comments:

  1. J Crew is hard to resist. They have this adorable cardigan line right now, unfortunately all priced at 99$. Maybe I'll wait until they go on "sale" which at J Crew means 30% off AT THE MOST. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try living in Canada and not even being able to go into the physical store and it's still too tempting! I really wish they'd open stores up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same problem as you! getting credit cards was probably the worst thing i ever did. i'm in debt and only working part time soo it's never getting paid off! at least i have nice clothes though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. AR I can definatly relate, isn't it horrible? and yet clothing is so tempting!

    ReplyDelete