2/26/09

Well Read

A side project of sorts that started with me wanting to read all of Austen's works (which I finished last summer) I've opted to work towards becoming 'well read'. Though I have no actual definition for this, I think I'm headed in the right direction. Last year I read all of Austen's works (the six major novels as well as her uncompleted works, and juvenilia) I finished the Three Muskateers, The Count of Monte Cristo and the Black Tulip making me even more in love with Dumas than ever. I versed myself in children's literature by helping my sister with her course during the summer (The Wind in the Willows, The Princess and the Goblin, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables, Matilda, and many others). This year had started out well, I finished War and Peace, signed up for a group read of Dostoevsky, have the D'Artagnan Romances all lined up for me to finish and I picked up a couple of Frances Burney's works which I can't wait to dig into. Any suggestions for reaching my well read goal? I know I'll never be fully well read, but hopefully it will help keep my mind sharp post-undergraduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment